The Best Time of Year For Campervan Hire
Book a campervan hire at any time of the year and you won't regret it. Our VW campervans at Davanco Leisure, in the Derbyshire Peak District, are fully installed with integrated hot air blown heating for those chillier months, and lots of window ventilation (and pop-up roofs) for the warmer months.
Campervan hire adventures can be enjoyed throughout the year. Whether it's the wintry snow-capped peaks of Scotland you crave, or sunny summer West Country coastlines, our campervans give you the freedom and flexibility for outdoor adventure all year round.
Campervan Hire - Low season - Autumn/Winter
Whilst the summer months are the busiest here at Davanco Leisure, plenty of our customers favour a campervan hire during those frosty winter months. In fact, we love nothing more than a winter trip to the Derbyshire Peaks ourselves, enjoying the rolling hills and local campsites without the crowds.
Here are 5 reasons why the autumn/winter months are the best time to enjoy a campervan hire escape:
- You simply (in our view) can't beat wrapping up for a chilly, sometimes snowy, winter walk. And then coming back to the campervan, flicking the heating on, and cosying up, proper Hygge style, and enjoying a well-deserved glass of red. Check out our campervan specifications for what's included.
- If you're seeking the more 'off the beaten track' feel, autumn/winter is often the best time for that true taste of wild camping. The UK's National Parks also tend to be more relaxed at this time of year, and there are many more opportunities to park-up at that perfect idyllic spot.
- The roads tend to be quieter. The tourism honeypots more peaceful. The cities less frenetic. And you won't spend your holiday queuing.
- You will cut your campervan hire holiday costs significantly by travelling offseason. Plus, you get the best choice at the shower-block at the open-all-year campsites, the best spot at campsites for views, and sometimes even a campsite all to yourself!
- Wintery landscapes in the UK, whether in the highlands of Scotland, the wilds of the Yorkshire moors, the expanse of the Peak District, the rolling hills of the Sussex Downs, or the wild wintry coastal seascapes, are best viewed from the cosiness of a warm campervan.
Our campers are designed to maximise small-space living, so even if winter travelling means spending more time inside than out, there's plenty of room for packing extra games and books.
Campervan Hire - Mid High Season - Spring/Summer
The spring and summer months are quite simply a brilliant time of year for campervan hire and really, anything goes. If you're planning on hitting the coast and soaking up some glorious summer sunshine (and it certainly was glorious in 2018), or you want to enjoy a comfortable festival experience (instead of a soggy one), you definitely won't be disappointed when you book your campervan with us.
Here are 5 reasons why the spring/summer months are the best time to enjoy a campervan hire escape:
- If you're prepared to go with the flow and enjoy the flexibility of a campervan hire holiday you can take your holiday wherever you choose in the UK. Our really savvy customers have been known to follow the good weather and wait right up to the day they pick-up the hire to choose where they go.
- Mid and high season means you can choose from an absolute abundance of amazing campsites. Some so off the beaten track that, once arrived, you and the kids will want to forget about iPhones and tablets and get acquainted with trees, ditches, bugs and dens.
- Think campfires, sharing stories, and magical sunsets. Think lazy picnics by the side of peaceful lakes. Think beachside campsites with morning swims and sizzling outdoor campervan breakfasts. Included in our campervan hire price is an outdoor table, plus extra outdoor chairs.
- Even if it does rain (this IS Britain after all), simply get cosy inside, flick the camper heating on, and get out a board-game or two.
- Many music festivals welcome campervans. And sleeping in our 4-birth campervans is a lot more comfortable than in a soggy tent. There are music festivals happening in the spring and summer all over the country.
Campervan Hire Means Year-round Adventures
Our Davanco Leisure campervans are fully-equipped and raring to go all year round. Whether it's the sound of summer bird song to greet you first thing on a warm summer's day or the feeling of being snug and warm in the camper when it's snowing outside. Perhaps it's the joy of beating the weather by travelling to where the forecast is sunny, or waking on a warm summer's morning and pulling up the to let the sunlight tumble into the inner sanctum of your campervan. It's entirely your choice.
Chat to us and book your campervan hire adventure at the time of year suits you best.